literary tours
These days I struggle to read long novels. I prefer short tales, written to be consumed in one gulp. It's like I need to move often, to take air constantly changing panorama. As if I could not stay in one place for more than a few days. It happens.
So too tiring to choose destinations long End time: when it comes the desire to leave, seeking the lowest fare for the destination more appealing right now.
I happened then to catch the fly two small book. The first, "Puer Aeternus" by James Hillman, I had some time at home, a gift from a friend. The second, "secret test" of Duras, I miraculously found a warm Sunday afternoon at the home of a former love, flooded with books on politics, philosophy and social amenities. He does not read literature, not ever, and even those three short stories - as shown by the dedication - are there only because the gift of a former girlfriend in August '95.
The text consists of Hillman two written but what is interesting is the first dedicated to treason. We do not talk of 'horns', commonly called. Or yes, but distant. And in any case the interest is not there. The speech starts with a Jewish evocative. The father urges his son to throw a dead body from ever greater heights, so - sure - there will always be welcome to him in her arms. To a certain point, however, because when the kid jumps off the top step, my father and he does it dodges crumble into ruin. What does the betrayal by the father? Hillman explains: "The ability to betray the other is related to the ability to lead others. Fatherhood has made the both. " How then to deal with the betrayal inherent need in every form of love, and then with confidence? Among the possible reactions, interesting way to cynicism, or the betrayal of SE '. Of the three
secret writings of Duras's ex-girlfriend of former love drew attention on the one titled "The disease of death", the story of a man who had never loved. I liked it, especially in closing. "You could live this love in the only way possible for you, you lose before they materialize."
nothing else I can say. If you do not advise the two small book in the spirit of those who are quick but satisfying excursions.
0 comments:
Post a Comment